Have you heard about the TSD logistics RV fuel savings card? I am sure by now you have heard all about it from your RV friends. We think it is a great way to save money on your fuel budget. Today we are going to answer all your questions about the card, so keep reading!
How Much Did the EFS Fuel Card Save Us?
We’ve had the card for a couple of months and have been able to use it on four occasions.
- Pilot: 40+ gal / 0.49 per gallon savings / total savings $19.90
- Loves: 44+ gal / 0.53 per gallon savings / total savings $23.34
- Flying J: 31+ gal / 0.37 per gallon savings / total savings $11.63
- Loves: 29 + gal / 0.50 per gallon savings / total savings $14.54
- Average savings per gallon: $0.47
- Total savings after 144 gallons of fuel: $69.41
How the TSD Logistics Card Works
- Savings will fluctuate based on fuel prices and contracts between EFS and the fuel companies.
- According to TSD, you can save 0.30-0.40 per gallon on average, but you can see we have saved more than that already.
- Although, you can purchase DEF and other items with your card, discounts are only on fuel.
- The card can be used at over 16k truck stops across the country including Loves, FJ, Pilot, TA & Petro.
- There is a free app you can use with the card to save even more called EFSCardControl. The app will allow you to map the truck stops in your current area. It also shows the current fuel price.
- The app tracks your spending and discounts.
- It is free to apply for the card.
- There are no fees associated with the card.
- You pay for your purchase like you would a debit card. TSD takes the amount from your checking account in 1-2 days.
- It is not a credit card.
- Savings are only obtained from the trucker lanes on diesel, not regular gasoline.
- A fee of 0.65 may appear on some transactions. The fee is charged by the gas station, not TSD. So far we have not seen this fee.
How Does TSD Logistics Make Money
- TSD makes a profit from a portion of your savings. They take 10% of the money saved with your discount. For example, we saved $19.90 from Pilot, and TSD kept $1.90.
- If you use the app, it will not show the amount TSD takes from your savings. You will see that on your checking account statement.
Why People Worry About the fuel savings Card
- You are required to give TSD your social security number and your checking account number.
- People are afraid to give out their social security number but if TSD needs to hunt you for down for a payment they need your SSN. They do not do a credit check with your SSN.
- People worry about hackers getting into their checking account.
Why You Should Not Worry
- TSD is not a new company it has been around since 1980.
- They work with large companies such as Michelin, Goodyear, and Firestone.
- If you are still nervous, you can open a separate checking account just for your TSD card. That is what we did. It won’t help with the social security number but it may give you peace of mind with your checking account. If TSD is ever hacked they will only gain access to the small amount you keep in the TSD checking account.
- But just so you know TSD works hard to keep your account secure and prevent hacking.
How to Get Your TSD Card
- Fill out the application.
- You can also print the form and mail or fax it if you prefer.
- When you fill out the application, you are not required to give your banking info or SSN.
- It takes about 1-3 weeks for processing.
- Once you are approved, someone will call for your the missing information.
- And then your card will be mailed to you.
TSD Logistics Fuel Program Referral
We are not affiliates or partners with TSD, but they do love it when we spread the word. If you add the name Phil Farley in the ‘referred by’ box, we will receive a $25 gas credit. Thank so much in advance!
Ready to use the card for the first time? We will walk you through the process step by step!
So there you have it!
TSD in a nutshell!!
It’s Worth It!
Do we think it is worth the small risk! Absolutely!! The risk is equal to any other credit card you carry in your pocket right now! Our current savings of over $69 says it is worth it! We will also continue to track the savings and share them with you at our end of year budget review in May.
Let us know how much you have saved if you already have the TSD card.
Author: Stacy, You, Me & the RV, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2020