Our most popular full time RV questions are always about the locations we’ve explored during our travels. We have been lucky enough to see some amazing locations since hitting the road full time in our RV. I thought it was time to share some of these locations with my closest friends!
Full Time RV Locations
Full Time RV Location Updates
I will continue to update this graphic and blog post. The date of the last update can be found on the bottom right side of the graphic.
We purchased our 2016 Tiffin 33AA (Ruby) used with 10,100 miles on her. It is hard to believe we have already put over 20k miles on her. Ruby has not let us down yet. She has taken us through the mountains, deserts, and coast. We plan to put many, many more miles on her before she is parked.
Before we hit the road full time, the only national parks we visited were Washington DC’s monuments. We are thrilled to finally check off so many of our bucket list locations. We can’t wait to hit a few more!
- Smoky Mountain National Park, Gatlinburg, TN
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, San Antonio, TX
- Badlands National Park, Interior, SD
- Devils Tower National Monument, Devils Tower, WY
- Theodore Roosevelt Island National Memorial, Washington, DC
- Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, PA
- Boston National Historical Park, Boston, MA
- Scotts Bluff National Monument, Gering, NE
- Chimney Rock National Historic Site, Bayard, NE
- Chickamauga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe, GA
- Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe, GA
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Kennesaw, GA
- National Mall and Memorial Parks, Washington, DC
- Korean War Veterans Memorial, Washington, DC
- Lincoln Memorial, Washington, DC
- Presidents Park, Washington, DC
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, DC
- Washington Monument, Washington, DC
- World War II Memorial, Washington, DC
- Hot Springs National Park, Hot Springs, AR
- Yellowstone National Park, WY
- Buffalo Bill Dam and Historic Shoshone Powerplant, WY
- Grand Tetons National Park, WY
We have been lucky enough to hike, bike, and camp in so many beautiful state parks since we hit the road in 2018. There are so many unique and beautiful locations throughout our country. You don’t have to be a full time RVer to enjoy state parks. Head to your local state park and enjoy all it has to offer.
- Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park, Cordele, GA
- Black Mesa State Park, Kenton, OK
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park
- Kartchner Caverns State Park, Benson, AZ
- Codorus State Park, Hanover, PA
- Higley Flow State Park, Colton, NY
- Letchworth State Park, Leicester, NY
- Gifford Pinchot State Park, Wellsville, PA
- Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park, London, KY
- Grayton Beach State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Little Manatee River State Park, Wimauma, FL
- Alafia River State Park, Lithia, FL
- Florida Caverns State Park, Marianna, FL
- Lake Arrowhead State Park, Wichita Falls, TX
- North Sterling State Park, Sterling, CO
- Custer State Park, Custer, SD
- Amicalola Falls State Park, Dawsonville, GA
- Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey, NH
- Pilgrim Memorial State Park, Plymouth, MA
- Mt Washington State Park, Sargent Purchase, NH
- Niagara Falls State Park, Niagara Falls, NY
- Buffalo Bill State Park, Cody, WY
Climb every mountain, ford every stream….oh sorry! I got a little Sound of Music stuck in my head. We have actually climbed a few mountains during our travels! The views at the top are ALWAYS worth it. We have found, the harder the climb, the better the view.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains, North Georgia
- Mt. Washington, New Hampshire
- Mt. Monadnock, New Hampshire
- Smokey Mountains, Tennessee
- The Rocky Mountains, Colorado
- The Black Hills, South Dakota
- Big Horn Mountains, WY
- Teton Mountain Range, WY
Volunteer While RVing
We love giving back to our community. When we volunteer, we always get way more than we give! But it can be hard to find ways to volunteer while you are on the road. Well, not anymore!! Thanks to the efforts of A Year to Volunteer (Y2V), there will be many opportunities for RVers to volunteer.
We volunteered with Phil and Shar (founders of Y2V) at Florida Caverns State Park and again in Rockport, TX, at a local church. Both of these locations had been hit by hurricanes and needed repair.
Both of these experiences brought us new friendships and a sense of purpose. We are so blessed to have been apart of these projects, and we can’t wait to join Y2V again! Check the project schedule to find a project on your RV route or at a location near you!
We love to boondock!! We boondock at every opportunity! Below are all the types of boondocking we have done since hitting the road.
- Driveway Surfing
- Boondockers Welcome
- Harvest Host
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- US National Forest
- Florida Water Management Land
One of Phil’s goals is to hit every football and baseball stadium as we travel through the country. He had already checked a few off his bucket list before we started RVing. Hopefully (once COVID is under control), we can get them all!
- Kauffman Field (Kansas City Royals)
- Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)
- Qualcomm Stadium, (San Diego Padres)
- T-Mobile Park (Seattle Mariners)
- Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)
- Shay Stadium (New York Mets)
- Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)
- Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros)
- Nissan Stadium (Tennessee Titans)
- Mile High Stadium (Denver Broncos)
- Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego Chargers)
- Soldier Field (Chicago Bears)
- NRG Stadium (Houston Texans)
Getting Fit on the Road
Many hazards come along with full time RVing. Some of the biggest ones I have encountered include tacos, margaritas, burgers, wine, beer, and oh how the list could go on! When you are tasting the “best of” throughout your travels, you find a few extra pounds!
For me, it was more than just a few. So I am trying to follow the 90/10 rule when it comes to my diet. And no, Phil, that doesn’t mean 10 real food and 90 percent ice cream!
I have started running again and plan to hit a few 5ks, 10ks, and maybe more. It would be really fun to do 5k meet-ups once COVID calms down. So get ready with me! I will track my miles state by state. I officially started on July 30th, 2020, so let’s see how high I can get these miles!
Total Miles Ran 105
- Wyoming 29.3
- Colorado 14.5
- Nebraska 13.5
- South Dakota 38.82
- Oklahoma 4.49
- Montana 4.5
We love staying at military campgrounds. There are so many benefits to staying on the military facilities. We always look for them when planning our route. If you are a veteran or active duty, check out the following blogs for more info on military campgrounds.
Military RV Info
- Peregrine Pines FamCamp Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- Midway RV Park, NSA Mid-South, Millington, TN
- JBSA Fort Sam Houston RV Park, San Antonio, TX
- Shields RV Park, Gulfport, MS
- Oak Grove RV Park, Pensacola, FL
- Jacksonville RV Park, Jacksonville, FL
- Little Creek MWR RV Park, Virginia Beach, VA
- Fort Belvoir Travel Camp, Fort Belvior, VA
- Earle Deer Run RV Park, Colts Neck, NJ
- NAVSTA Great Lakes Campground, Great Lakes, IL
- Fourth Cliff Recreation Area, Scituate, MA
- MacDill FamCamp, Tampa, FL
Military Charities $16,376
Giving back to our military is very important to us. We are a Navy family, so we know the sacrifices our military (and their families) make daily for our country. When we started our YouTube channel, we vowed to give back to our military at every opportunity. We hope to continue to work with different military charities, and we hope you continue to join us!
Before choosing a military charity, we research them to ensure they have a good rating on charity watchdog. We want the money to to to our vets, not charity executives.
Lifeline for Vets $900
This was our first t-shirt charity, and we were so excited to donate to Lifeline for Vets. This organization is a direct link for veterans in crisis. They can pick up the phone and talk to another veteran during episodes of depression, despair, or suicidal thoughts. Lifeline for Vets also provides other assistance when needed, such as food, clothing, transportation, and employment assistance.
The Fisher House $5000
We had a great time with our first Army-Navy head to head battle! Although Navy won the football game, The Fisher House really took home the prize that day thanks to YOU! We are still amazed when we look at how much you generously donated to the Fisher House.
The Fisher House is a wonderful military organization. They provide location homes for military and veteran families to stay for free while their loved one is in the hospital. Their motto is, “A family’s love is good medicine.” As a nurse practitioner for many years, I couldn’t agree more!
You can still support the Fisher House! Donate through the You, Me & the RV Fisher House donation page and increase our tally. You can also choose them under the AmazonSmile program, and they will receive 0.5% on every eligible purchase at no cost to you.
Steps to choose a veteran charity on Amazon
- Log into Amazon
- Click Accounts and Lists on the top right
- Scroll down and click AmazonSmile charity list
- Click veteran on the right
- Choose one of the Fisher House charities or any other veteran charity on the list.
Homes for Our Troops $10,475.85
You guys really came to play for Homes for Our Troops! This was our chosen charity for the 2020 Today is Someday t-shirt campaign! And we couldn’t be more grateful for such a wonderful community.
We donated $3,500 from the first t-shirt campaign and $4000 from the second t-shirt campaign because of your generosity. We also had many active duty and veterans donate directly to Homes for Our Troops, thanks to a rivalry spurred on by the Air Force! Thank you so much for putting this fun military rivalry to good use!
We would also like to give a shout out to GasStop. They also have a love for our military and graciously matched our initial t-shirt sales with a donation of $1273. We couldn’t ask for a better company to work with. Thank you, GasStop.
Homes for Our Troops helps to rebuild the lives of our veterans with severe injuries. They provide custom homes that are built to fit the veteran’s needs, allowing more independence and freedom. They assist these families in rebuilding their lives. It is just a wonderful organization, and it has changed the lives of so many.
You can still donate to Homes for Our Troops. We would love to reach our goal of $15,000 this year. If you feel it in your heart, please head over to our fundraiser page. Thank you so much! I know our veterans than you too! You can also choose them in the AmazonSmile program.
Your Full Time RV Travel Locations
You have seen where our journey has taken us. Where will it take you? We hope you love checking off your bucket list as much as we have! There are so many amazing places to see in this country. I wonder if we will get through them all!
Full Time RV Travel & RV Info
Don’t forget to check out a few of our other blogs!
- RV Pet Safety: Keep Them Happy and Healthy with These Simple Tips
- Create a Free Custom Travel Map in Minutes
- How to Cut Camping Costs: Our Top Tips
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, updates, discounts, perks, and more!
Every Saturday, Phil & Stacy publish the You, Me & the RV Newsletter, where they share weekly articles about all things RV and travel. Each week they scour the internet for articles that will inspire and inform you. They also share discounts, sales, and freebies! So don’t miss out! Sign up for the newsletter today!
Thanks for stopping by!
Phil & Stacy
You, Me & the RV
Disclosures: We are a participant in the affiliate program with Amazon, Harvest Host, Boondockers Welcome, and RV Trip Wizard. These programs are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. It does not cost you anything to use these links.